Thursday, February 21, 2008

Almost all the time when painting I have to make choices. How realistic should I paint? How many colours? How many details? What medium? What size? what subject? Theme? How to express what I want?

This is another one of my monochrome (only one colour and white/black) semiabstracts showing emotions. I have found that going further towards simplicity in colour, content nrush strokes etc etc often makes the emotion come out clearer. I do not want the viewer to see a lovely beautiful colourful fish swimming arond in a lovely underwater landscape. I want to show off the emotion of feeling alone and lonely. The saying made me chose a fish to show it. I hope you like it. I am quite happy with the choices and the effect those choices had.

That There Is Plenty of Fish in the Sea Does Not Help the Lonely Fish,

acrylics on canvas panel
18x24cm
$100

p&p worldwide is FREE

SOLD

0 comments: