Sunday, February 17, 2008


Yesterday I spent most of the late day working on this experimental work. The shapes and movements are from sea life - sea urchins or similar creatues floating or swimming around. I needed soemthing that would work with blue since UV-light makes whites blue. This was not as easy as I thought. First of all I needed much more paint before it showed that I had thoughts so thatw ill have to be taken into account when planning my next uv-experiment.

Secondly, the room needed to be much darker than I had imagined for the effects to be good.

Last, but not least since I will be showing my work online too, getting great photos is difficult.

Anyway here is the painting in 4 versions; before uv- paint is applied, after uv - in daylight, in dark room two versions.
Abstract Sea urchin - trying out UV-paint,
50x60cm on gallery wrapped canvas, painted on the sides

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this one! i want 2 buy one like this once i get back on track! keep up the good work, my friend!