Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Simplefied Sunset Seascape

Simplified Sunset
Oil on preprimed artist canvas panel 18x24cm
$100 all p&p worldwide included

As you have probably noticed I prefer simplicity in my subject matter and strive more to show emotions or moods that real life details.

Sunsets seem to trigger something in most of us and the colours are so warm and beautiful. This winter I have had lots of such skies both in sunrises and in sunsets to lift my spirits. The other part of todays painting's subject could be said to be the bareness and wide open space towards the horizon. That is because such bare wide spaces makes my heart zing whether it is a bare mountain landscape or a seascape.

Of course one could also say that sunsets are among the most romantic landscapes tehre are so it is also very suitable for today since it is Valentine's Day .

0 comments: