Friday, February 09, 2007

Ring of Ancient Stones
acrylics on artist canvas panel 18x24cm
$100 all included shipped worldwide
SOLD 12.febr 2007 to Sweden

This painting I did in connection with a challenge in a forum. Topic is "ruins". i could not decide whether to use the ancient stonerings like Stonehenge as inspiration or the amphi theatre at Efesos. Bott are historical sites that intrigued me when I visited them. In the end I made a few preliminary sketches and ended up finishing this one today. I might do some minor changes but for now it will be put aside a bit. I have not yet decided whether this one will be the one entered into that competition. I'll let you know when I know. I am so happy tonight because it is the weekend and I can paint and paint more.

Earlier today I got a spam email which I did not get at first, but fortunately it inspired me to make a few sketches of another famous hill. I played around with different composition ideas and colour settings on ACEO cards to see what it could look like. Here are the cards.





0 comments: