Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tuesday I left for Tuscany. I was so lucky with the weather and the flight. I had the most amazing views of the Alps as we flew over them. Fortunately I had a window seat on the plane :-).

The second photo is as we go in for landing in Pisa. I was amazed to see that there were so many challels crisscrossing the area, looking like roads from above. The landscape was very flat but with nice rolling hills around it lal the way as I took a bus to Florenze.

I had not booked a hotel in advance because I saw that there were lots and lots of them on the net and I did not know where I wanted to stay. Unfortunetely for me, the tourist office did not do reservations like I was used to in Roma and Milano so I had to start walking and asking. I also did not know that this was high season SO . . . everyone said, sorry no sinlge rooms but they had suites. In he end I ended up getting this appartment, (photo 3) for the first night. I just decided on the spur that i just wanted to settle down and go out to see the sights. It was kind of lovely to live decently the first night.

The fourth image is a watercolour on watercolour paper that I painted that night inspired by the Alps. I do intend to paint many more from those reference photos in the future. More on Florenze in my next post.






0 comments: