Tuesday, January 22, 2008

For some reasons my abstracts seems to become emotional while my landscapes are usually more meditative and calming in style. For a period now I will work very intensively on my oil painting and post more than one per day. I'll try to post a mix of the abstract and the realistic so that there hopefully will be something for more visitors. What I will end up painting I do not know. Too often the painting seems to control me and not the other way around hehe.

Towards the Heart
medium: oil on canvas panel
size. 24x30cm (~9.5x12in)
$150

p&p worldwide with International Priority mail (4-7 day Norway-USA) is FREE



Flooding From the Mountains
medium: oil on canvas panel
size. 24x30cm (~9.5x12in)
$120

p&p worldwide with International Priority mail (4-7 day Norway-USA) is FREE

5 comments:

blh said...

I interpret "Towards the Heart" as an abstract that represents the largest, most important vein that carries the body's blood back to the heart, so that the blood can be reoxygenated and sent out again to nourish the body's tissues. The organ must be a vein because the blood vessel is carrying the blood TOWARD the heart. Again, the artist has focused on an extremely important part of the body, continuing her interest in the individual parts that make the body a functional whole. I find the body, especially mine, fascinating, as well.

blh said...

"Flooding From the Mountains" shows to me the massive amount and enormous strength of the water that comes from mountain snow and ice that melts in the spring, flowing down to lower land. I think that the water will spread into the area of the trees, yet it will not kill them, although they already look dead. To me this painting represents the beginning of spring, warmth, and new life. Although it looks like a destructive flood is occurring and growing, this is a painting that is positive to my eyes because it is about the renewal of life after the temporary "death" of winter.

Trine said...

I keep being amazed by what you can see. I adore looking into what your mind makes of my work.

Trine said...

I like the way you expressed that flooding and sring is both the bringer of life and a possible destructive force. Isn't all powerful energies like that? Just think of spring as the time when romance and love flourish and yet its powers can also be so devastating when it goes wrong and also be so devastating when it does not occur. The same with spring and flooding in many parts of the world. Dangerous yes, but the only way to get the fields ready to sow.

Trine said...

As for "Towards the heart" it is a painting that pleases my eyes everytime I passes it where it lies drying. My main pleasure with this one is the aestetic value.