Thursday, January 24, 2008

After having posted an emotional semiabstract it felt right to post a nicer painting for those of my viewers needing that today. Yesterday I posted and commented on the mountain symbolisms. I think we sometimes need to look past the mountain top as well and not only focus on reaching any top. Maybe there is calm and warmth and a good life to be had without being part of the fight to become King or Queen of the Hill?


Looking Past the Mountain Top,
medium: oil on canvas panel
size: 24x30cm
$100

p&p is FREE worldwide with Priority International mail (4-7 days)

2 comments:

blh said...

I find every aspect of this painting to be relaxing, yet stunning in a quiet way, from the rugged dark red and black mountain in the foreground to the sea at its base painted in soft blues and purples. Dominating "Looking Past the Mountain Top", however, is the gorgeous, bright, but delicately colored sky that, combined with the sea, almost provides the viewer with a rainbow of colors. These colors make me feel that the world must be good if it can be so beautiful. I would find living with this painting extremely pleasant!

Trine said...

I am so glad you said that because I wanted this one to be a pleasant one, kind of to give a break from my more disturbing paintings. Sometimes a paintings most important job is to be relaxing on the eyes and mind.