Saturday, December 01, 2007

Struggling with my cold today and terible rain outside so have had an indoor day reading, coughing and painting.


I just realized that in February the new Chinese New Year starts and that is the year of the RAT so obviously I started painting rats and mice today. LOL. Both my kids and I myself growing up has had numbers of rats, hamsters, mice, guiniea pigs etc etc so as soon as I freshned up my memories I found that they could make lovely images - maybe for cards later. The one I show you here reminds me of when our rats used to try to get us to give them snacks


Begging
ink on shuen paper

paper size approx 12x16cm

$30 p&p worldwide included




Remember I told you about my daughter having made me a Christmas calender? Today opening up the first one, I nearly lost the rest of whatever breath the cold and asthma had left me. Very moving. I am a total weakling when it comes to things like this.
For those of you not understanding Norwegian, of course it says "world's best mum".








I did a couple of bad cats too today. Even though I have no less than 3 cats myself I have started to believe that I will have to spend another year before I am able to paint them. Well it will have to go into that big pile that I keep for possible collage works later. These are for obvious reasons not priced LOL.

,

1 comments:

blh said...

The mouse reminds me of the 19th century beggars that I have read about. To me there is a feeling that it is a character out of Dickens.