Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Hi! Before school ends we have a socalled Christmas workshop day at our school and a collegue and I are responsible for the Christmas decorations and card and similar crafts group. Last week a lady inspired me on youtube to try out different kinds of paper for chinese brush painting practice and for fun and also told us that nice results could be used for cards.



I loved the idea and thought what a great way to combine me wanting to paint dozens and dozens of birds to practice different poses and making cards for that workshop. Being ill with the cold for the last week I had some extra time to do small work like this. here are the results. I kind of liked them and hope this will insprie my students. The paper used is one kind of papertowel that I found good and some acidfree coloured paper I bought a year ago. Not a cardboard, normal copy paper thickness. Our school budget is low at the moment and I also wanted to show mys tudents that lots of great art can be made by using simple materials.

The medium is normal quality student watercolours. I have expensive ones myself but then again I wanted to show what could be done with the ones we have at school.

Below are Card 1-5
sizes: folded A4 sheet
price in case someone should happen to fall for one is: $15 for one and then 10 for each additional. Multiple purchase can get further discounts. each are original signed artworks

Card 1 is on its way to MA, USA




0 comments: