Sunday, April 27, 2008

Today I have been raking the ground outside LOL in between the rain. And also started to plant some flowers indoors. Spring is finally starting to arrive properly and bit by bit we will see the world turn into green again and a rainbow of flowers decorate every garden. I plan on having most of mine in ceramic boxes this year and continue the work on my rock garden.

In addition to this I have done what many of us do when it is raining - I have read and spent time on the computer. When you hear what I did there some of you will think me mad. I have read about stick insects and praying mantis. There are soooo many interesting species. AND . . . I must admit that finding many available on ebay tempted me beyond my will power. LOL some collect expensive shoes or bags - I end up collecting insect species.
This painting is made using melted coloured beeswax and I feel that it very well shows what I would like a happy place to feel like. The painting is much shinier live and the colours brilliant. It is midnight here now and that is not the best time to take photos of shiny objects. I will try to get a better photo tomorrow morning and exchange this one.


Happy Place,
encaustic art
7x9cm
SOLD to CA, USA

0 comments: