Saturday, February 17, 2007

This weekend I have my mum visiting and while I worked on this painting she worked on her writing assignment for her writers group, so there were a bit of creative activity here today :-) These days I alternate between working in oils or in acrylics. And as some of you who are returning visitors might have noticed, I am fascinated by how you can either use acrylics very thick or very think - you can even add something and it can be used for more relieff effects - and on the other end of the thin- thickness line you can water it out and use it nearly as watercolour washes. I work in the think area these days. I enjoy how you can let colours float a bit into each other and kind of mix them on the canvas in addition to on the palette.

Straws on Shore by Trine Meyer Vogsland
acrylics on artist panel 18x24cm
$100 all p&p worldwide included

0 comments: