Sunday, October 14, 2007

the lounge area where we went down to the breakfast room in the Contessina

The next morning started with a lovely breakfast at the Contessina, after which I went out to double check that the room I was promised the day before was still available. Same street Via Faenza third floor, probably an appartment turned into one of the typical minihotels in Italy. Once more a lovely landlady. This was the quietest room of my trip. (unfortunately she only had one available for the one night) Since my room was not quite ready I took off to check out the nabourhood.

Standing outside my hotel I had the central train station are behind me, the roads towards the markets and the old city to the right, In front of me I had a few street with a slightly more normal meaning a tiny tad less touristy area and to the left I did not know so I took off in that direction. On the map there seemed to be only a few things in that direction like a garden or something. What i found was Fortezza de Basso, an old fort which I wish I could have taken a better look inside of.




It had a big moat and I could imagine it being very important in times of war.




Walking around this fortress I found this lovely garden where I sat down.







Behind me these trees.



In front of me this lovely garden and in front of that a big several laned road with blaring sirens of the ambulances. Quite a combination.
Here is a link to one of the places with more info http://www.mega.it/eng/egui/monu/fortbas.htm


0 comments: