Thursday, October 09, 2008

Today's painting is inspired by a beautiful Swedish song with lyrics that I have loved my entire life. By the way I am Norwegian but Swedish is a similar language. I added the lyrics in Engslish and German too, as well as the notes to make it possible for more people to enjoy its beauty. I hope you like it, If you would like to hear the melody or see more translations please then click here.


Vem kan segla/Who can sail...
acrylics on paper
24x32cm
$75
p&p is FREE







The original Swedish song
Vem kan segla förutan vind?
Vem kan ro utan åror?
Vem kan skiljas från vännen sin
utan att fälla tårar?

Jag kan segla förutan vind,
jag kan ro utan åror,
men ej skiljas från vännen min
utan att fälla tårar.

English version
Who can sail without the wind,
Who can row without an oar,
Who can leave behind a friend,
Without just one tear to pour?

I can sail without the wind,
I can row without an oar,
But I cannot leave a friend,
Without just one tear to pour.

German version
Wer kann segeln ohne Brisen,
Wer kann rudern ohne Blatt,
Wer kann, ohne Trän' vergießen,
Freund verlassen, den er hatt'?

Ich kann segeln ohne Brisen,
Ich kann rudern ohne Blatt,
Doch nicht, ohne Trän' vergießen,
Freund verlassen, den ich hatt'!

0 comments: