Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Today is the Fourteenth day of the August challenge

Tribute To a Beautiful Earth
Celebrating and Conserving Our Planet with DailyPainters.com


Today's painting is inspired by the phrase "My cup runneth over" which is from the Bible, Psalms 23:5 and the meaning is: I have more than enough for my needs. Here is the context:
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.


Man and Too Big a Cup,
acrylics on paper
30x41cm
$115

p&p worldwide is FREE


Our planet's problem is partly that we keep making that cup bigger and bigger and have created so many non real needs to fuel an economic buying feast where we keep buying more and more and thus consume more and more and pollute more and more.

This video "The Story of Stuff" very well visualize this.

0 comments: