Thursday, July 03, 2008

IF YOU CLICK THE IMAGES YOU WILL GET A BIGGER AND BETTER VIEW OF THE PAINTINGS.
Conquering,
acrylics on acrylics paper
30x41cm
$125
p&p worldwide is FREE
I was quite happy with this work and I must tell you that I showed the "conquerer" to my daughter without giving any title and she saw a battlefield with lots of figures and faces and parts of persons too. And the person could be a death angel or a battle commander or even the last one standing.

A friend of mine who is a poet said:
" my eyes first glance at the figure......then my eyes quickly scan scenery because i notice faces (especially in the bottom right hand quarter of the painting). for some reason i am really drawn towards that section. i get a strong vibe that the figure is very symbolic. it all seems very spiritual to me. i feel this painting represents braving fears and reaching goals by never losing site of your purpose. "


An artist friend said: "The conquerer is kind of lost, looks more conquered than a winner."

Things like these are what makes working in abstracts so fascinating. The only 3 persons that had seen it had seen so many different things. Imagine how many things a whole group of persons could see . . . . . . :-) As long as people see something, as long as my work starts some kind of reaction then I am happy. It does not have to be positive or what I believed only some kind of reaction. Non interest is the worst that can happen - someone hating the painting is better.
So please use the comments option beneath and write what you see and think when looking at this painting.

0 comments: