Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One of the slightly annoying things about the first days of every holiday is that I keep switching between still being on hyperactive mood and being fairly drained after the spring intensity at school + the exhibition.

A wise man, Confusious, once said " It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness". I did that last night when I could not sleep and found myself teaching my next class in my head. The first time I gave up falling asleep I got up and painted. The second time I went down to the basement and vacuumed and sorted and cleaned there for more than 3 straight hours. LOL

Due to only a little sleep last night I have been swinging from active to drained - to and from all day.

I am very happy about this painting because it has both my wish of simplicity as well as my wish to painti expressive figures which portraits emotions more than anything else. I hope you like it.



Sitting (working title was "Drained of Energhy"),
acrylics on canvas panel
18x24cm
$100

1 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

This is super, I like it a bunch. I feel more like the figure is doing something, praying, gardening or daydreaming. The figure doesn't look drained.